GarageBand is a perfect tool for those who have great interest towards digital music production for free. One can use the popular GarageBand app on every Mac, iPhone and other Apple devices. It is absolutely free and beginner-friendly application for the naive musicians. Despite being a beginner-friendly application, there are some intimidations in this tool that many of them might not understand.
As we all know, GarageBand is specifically designed and developed for iOS platform. For those who are willing to create their own music, the GarageBand is a precise application. GarageBand is chock-packed with a bunch of beneficial tools and features that turns your music creation quite simple. As they are the most compelling features, it might not be clear for those who want to begin using the GarageBand app.
In this post, we are going to give a complete description about how to use GarageBand on MAC devices. Through this simple guide, one can get to know much about this software right from the scratch. By knowing each and every minute point about this tool, you can definitely become a pro in using GarageBand.
GarageBand for Mac & iOS Devices
Before getting started with the music creation, the users need to ensure that they have GarageBand on their devices. Actually, the GarageBand software is compatible with iPhone, iPad and Mac platforms. If you have any of those devices then, you can definitely use this app on your device. If you don’t have that app on your Mac device, just head to the app store and download it for free.
When you launch this tool for the first time, it might ask you to download extra sound files. These additional files will render you a plethora of options for creating your own music. After downloading the GarageBand app on your Mac device, you can then start creating your own music. GarageBand offers numerous additional features to all its users.
Features of GarageBand:
Here are some of the significant features of GarageBand for your Mac platform:
- The GarageBand tool is notably used for creating music all on your own for free.
- One can make use of an extensive range of instruments present in this software.
- Using the live loop and drummers, you can easily create new songs.
- Through this app, you can generate innovative ideas in creating new songs in a unique way.
- There is a possibility of playing music anytime, anywhere.
- By using the remix FX feature, you can easily add a new DJ-style music.
- There are numerous tools that help you create stunning music through various instruments.
How to Use GarageBand on Mac?
Here is a step-by-step guide that helps the users to use GarageBand software tool on Mac device for free.
1. Start a New Project
- After launching the GarageBand tool on your device, you can open this app.
- On the homepage, you can find some options for creating a new project.
- For creating a new project, you can navigate to File >> New or simply tap CMD + N.
- Under the new project tab, you will get different options such as the empty project, keyboard collection, voice, ringtone and more.
- In this guide, we will select an empty project.
- On the next page, you need to select a track type from the GarageBand window.
- Just tap Software Instrument and hit the Create button.
- You will redirect to the main GarageBand window. On the left-hand side of the page, you can see the library that enables you to select various instruments.
Aslo Check: Garageband for Windows
2. Set the Tempo
- Before heading towards writing a new song, you need to know about the tempo.
- The default tempo on GarageBand is 120 beats per minute.
- By double tapping the tempo value, you can alter the value and type a new one.
- You can either use the click and dragger to increase or decrease the tempo value.
3. Create Music via Apple Loops
On GarageBand software, you can find an immense library of loops that help you to handle this tool with much ease. In fact, loops are the tiny stretches of the music that one can utilize as a base for their own composition. Here’s how you can make music using the Apple Loops.
- Once you have started your own project, you can tap the key ‘O’ or simply navigate to View >> Show Apple Loops.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, you can find a new panel.
- There, you can find millions of loop options. You can select any one of them and just drag it to the workspace.
- Hit the button that says ‘Go to Beginning’ in order to move back to the initial track. Tap the Play button.
- You can then listen the select loop playing.
- Just add a number of loops to the workspace and let that split.
- One can even alter the loop timing and several other wonders can be created with the loops.
Try to spend a lot more time with learning about the loops on this software. By doing so, you can gain much knowledge about it and you could easily make wonders in your musical songs creation. Apart from using the loops, you can even record the music under your own composition using the software instruments and more. Even, there is a possibility of recording a real instrument through this amazing tool rather than recording a software instrument. However, it’s all up to you, folks.
- Once you are done with ultimate music creation, the next step is to save it and share them with your beloved pals.
- For saving your projects, you can just go to File >> Save or Save as using your preferred file name.
- By saving your project on GarageBand, you can work on it anytime when you have the interest.
- In order to save the song as a sound file for the purpose of sharing it, you need to tap Share >> Export Song to Disk.
Wrap Up: GarageBand is undoubtedly a boon for the beginners in music creation. One can create a stunningly impressive masterpiece of music using this amazing tool. For MacOS users, GarageBand can be used for free without any hassle. Whether you are a professional or naive in creating music, GarageBand lets you edit and use a variety of musical tools. Hope this guide has given you maximum information about the software for which you’ve been exploring the web.